Thursday, July 26, 2007

Track Night

Photo by Larry Rosa Photography from Cyclingnews.com

Yep, FINALLY made it down to Hellyer to do some track racing and man is that tough. I had done some of the practice sessions but the racing is way tougher. And since I haven't gotten on my track bike since, oh I don't know, January I was a bit unprepared. But it turned out to be a great workout. And racing with teammates sFed, Chris and Nole made it fun.

First up was the points race where every 3 laps of the 15 lap race, there was a sprint and you get points. As I found out very quickly, I was severly undergeared. On a track bike you have only 1 gear so if its too small, you end up like me...spinning like a top but not getting anywhere fast.

Next was the scratch race and scratch is what I did...I scratched myself as I watched the race go away from me. Finally the miss and out race and for some reason I fared much better. But again, when the move came for me to make sure I stayed in the race I was just short, though I was in the top 6 or 7.

For the first night of track racing, it was a great experience, workout and its addicting. Chris rode like a seasoned vet, sFed is a seasoned vet and Nole like me is learning but rode well. We all will return so look out BITCHES!

No comments: