Thursday, August 9, 2007

Same to You!



So my best friend Kevin from Phoenix, AZ came to town this past weekend and instead of racing, I decided to take him on some rides and show him what cycling in SF is all about. No flat windy desert like conditions here. No 5am wake up calls just to get a ride in before it hits 100 degrees. And NO kids or wife to have to race home to...it was like a bad "Flomax" commercial but we looked WAY better on our bikes and at NO TIME did we take the yellow miata for a drive...THAT would have been gay!

Friday I took him up Ol La Honda and down Skyline. Saturday saw us start with the Roasters Ride but peel off, stopping at the Java Slut (mmmmm hot girls serving coffee...and I don't drink coffee) and then Alpine DAMN! Then Sunday, since he could barely make it up and down the stairs of my apt, it was an easy Paradise Loop. Did I mention Kevin is quite the Mr. Cranky Pants? And this weekend they were hiked up to his nipples after each ride.

All in all a great weekend of riding and Kev was hooked. Considering he has not been riding much since getting over his back injury, he did fine......BUT he has vowed to come back in shape to kick my ass up the climbs. All I can say is BRING IT!

1 comment:

Kevin D said...

Nice. Next time tell the truth about who was wearing the cranky pants.